Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eeyore Day

You know that mopey donkey who sometimes hangs out with Winnie the Pooh? His name is Eeyore, he often loses his tail (never happens to me...wouldn't that be freaky??), lives in a tent made of sticks, and is often very sad. Especially when the weather is bad. Well. Today was an "Eeyore day". It was rainy and cold and disgusting. I went out for a walk with Guy this morning, and neither of us expected the rain. Poor Guy. He already had his work clothes on and got totally soaked waiting for me to do my business. I would have hurried, but we all know, it doesn't work that way. Maybe after some Indian food, but never after a normal day of dog food.

Anyway, the weather here in DC makes me sad sometimes. And when it isn't raining and cold, usually its so hot and humid that I can barely breathe. I should probably just move back to Colorado and play with Lily and my Colorado family. Did I tell you that I got to see Lilly on Google-Chat the other day?! It was great! She heard me squeak Jerry's head and then ran around in circles...after getting her dog nose all over the computer screen, of course.

My Colorado family visits next week! Along with my West Virginia family! They are both coming out for Guy's graduation from law school...they say that it's been 3 years, but it feels more like 21. I go crazy whenever the families come to town...usually embarrassing myself by writhing on the ground whenever someone pets my tummy...

So, even though today began as an Eeyore Day, it has significantly cheered up since Guy told me that the families were coming to town....see, that's all it takes. A bit of good news to spark the excitement of looking forward to the next fun thing.

Guy is making the coffee that automatically brews in the morning (it's incredible that the machine knows when he will wake up!!), this means that I get my dog cookie soon if I go to my bed. Good night!!

Tail Wag,

Beauty

2 comments:

  1. Good night Beauty. You are probably quite proud of your Guy. We will see you next week. Maybe we can go to the dog park? I'll bring a few cookies. If it rains, don't worry, I'm water-proof and rarely wear work clothes. Say hi to your Girl, we know her pretty well and are quite proud of her picking out such a nice dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Beauty, ask girl to show you how much fun you will have when you come to visit in CO!

    ReplyDelete